Do you suffer from tension headaches in Brampton? If you want to reduce the number of headaches you experience, it’s helpful to know the common causes of tension headaches. Use the following guide to provide prevention and tension headache treatment:
- I’m stressed out: If you experience an increase in stress, this can cause tension headaches in Brampton. Tension headaches are typically the result of tense muscles, and when you feel stressed, your entire body suffers. Your muscles remain tense, and this results in a headache.
- I’m tired: Are you getting enough rest? Fatigue is another major factor that can cause tension headaches in Brampton. If you are not getting ample rest or sleep, your body is not relaxed and rejuvenated each day, which can cause tension headaches.
- I’m slouching: Poor posture puts your neck, shoulders and head in improper positioning. As your muscles try to compensate or are used poorly, you may develop tension headaches.
- I’m nervous: If you struggle with anxiety, this mental state can bring on tension headaches in Brampton. As your body is in a constant state of fight or flight, your muscles remain tense, which can cause a tension headache.
- I’m sad: Battling depression is intense. It can take its toll on your body. One of the many effects can be tension headaches in Brampton.
- I have other health issues: If you have physical issues with your neck or jaw, or if you have arthritis, these conditions can cause tension headaches. By treating these other health concerns, you may be able to minimize the number of tension headaches you experience.
Tension headache treatment in Brampton
While there may be many tension headache causes in Brampton, there is also tension headache treatment available. Partner with a physiotherapist to learn more about three main areas of treatment:
- Strength therapy: Use exercises to strengthen the muscles of the neck and back to improve posture and reduce headaches.
- Neck therapy: A specialist can use manual therapy to stretch your neck muscles, improve movement and relieve pain.
- Posture therapy: A therapist can teach you ways to improve your posture throughout the day so you are less likely to get a tension headache.
A trained therapist can work with you in a variety of ways to reduce tension and improve your health. Stretching, mobilization, traction and compressions are all possible techniques. The therapist will assess your situation and recommend the best approach to reduce the occurrence of tension headaches in Brampton.
Few things are more frustrating than tension headaches in Brampton. They can impact every aspect of your life. If they occur frequently, your work, home and social lives can suffer greatly. Fortunately, effective tension headache treatment in Brampton is available. Contact the experienced professionals at Paramount Physiotherapy & Sports Injuries Clinic. Our treatment approach incorporates education, exercise, manual therapy, modalities and acupuncture in an effort to effectively reintegrate individuals into sports and regular activities of daily life. Partner with us to drain away the tension and start living again. Reach out to us today to learn more.