The Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (WSIB) enables Canadians who were injured while at work to be able to live their lives as normally as possible while they’re recovering. If you’re injured on the job, it’s important to understand WSIB compensation and know how it can help you and your family.
What is WSIB compensation?
As mentioned above, WSIB compensation in Brampton helps injured workers get back on their feet both physically and financially. The plan covers health care costs for the injured or ill worker, and can give the worker financial benefits while he or she is out. The list of possible benefits is fairly long, but some of the more notable ones include:
- Health care benefits: This covers the cost of any prescription drugs, hospital bills, necessary medical devices and even post-procedure costs.
- Benefit for loss of earnings (LOE): If you get hurt on the job, the government will subsidize 85 percent of your income while you’re out. Just like with most jobs, you’ll be paid every two weeks and will continue receiving money until you’re back at work or reach retirement age.
- Benefit for non-economic loss (NEL): If you are permanently injured, you can be compensated for the physical, functional or psychological loss caused by your injury.
How does WSIB compensation work?
Your employer must contribute to an insurance fund that covers all of the workers living in Ontario. In exchange for contributing to the fund, employers can’t be sued by injured workers if they receive WSIB compensation in Brampton. It’s a process that works out for both parties. Workers are well taken care of and employers don’t have to worry about being sued for negligence.
What does Paramount Physiotherapy have to do with WSIB compensation in Brampton?
While Paramount Physiotherapy & Sports Injuries Clinic doesn’t offer the inpatient services that one might require after being injured at work, our services will ensure that you’re able to get back to work as soon as possible and are funded by the WSIB compensation plan. We know that the healing process for most injuries isn’t finished as soon as the patient walks out of the hospital. Injured workers may need extensive amounts of rehab immediately after their release, and continued treatment for the rest of their lives. Some of the services we offer include:
- Post-surgery rehab: We work with surgeons in the area to make sure you’re able to get back to work as soon as possible. To do this, we establish a rehab treatment plan and work with you to make sure the rehab is effective.
- Acupuncture: This 2,000-year-old medical practice has been proven to relieve pain you may experience for the rest of your life after an injury. We are confident that regular acupuncture treatments after your injury will help ease the residual pain you may feel.
- Deep massages: Who doesn’t love a massage? Our experts will work to relieve any pain you may feel after your accident.
For more information about how we can help you recover from a work-related injury, contact Paramount Physiotherapy & Sports Injuries Clinic today.