There’s a lot of debate these days when it comes to obtaining healthy skin. Many people believe that the only way to keep their skin looking and feeling healthy is to book a spa day each month, while other people experiment with weird diets and strange supplements in an effect to add a healthy glow to their complexion. But the fact of the matter is that bolstering your skin isn’t all that hard to do—especially when you take a naturopathic approach!
Naturopathy in Brampton is very much like what it sounds like: a natural approach to boosting your body’s functionality and health, using organics instead of processed items, medications, invasive procedures and other potentially damaging methods of rejuvenation.
So, how can naturopathy help to improve your skin and what are some natural ways to add clarity to your complexion, even if you suffer from skin conditions? Take a look at a few methods that are proven to work:
- Starting your morning with a freshly squeezed lemon is one of the best things you can do for your skin! Squeeze lemon juice into some water and drink it or drizzle it over a light salad for flavor and you’ll be giving your body an essential ingredient in the road to better skin health. As a bonus, your liver will also get a cleanse from ingesting lemon juice and your metabolism will be kick started!
- Water is king when it comes to a healthy complexion and indeed, it’s one of the cornerstones of naturopathy in Brampton. Because our bodies are made up of mostly water, giving your body the H2O it needs will serve to kick start the natural processes that we rely on to remain healthy, such as the production of new skin cells, better hair follicle health and, you guessed it, a brighter skin complexion!
- Eating leafy greens on a daily basis will really help to improve your skin’s clarity and condition, thanks to the numerous beneficial nutrients within plants. Folic acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Vitamin D all play their own roles in keeping your skin looking great and some plants, such as parsley and spinach, can even help to reduce the appearance of scars and blemishes!
- Avocado doesn’t just taste great: it’s also a tremendous skin cleanser! Incorporate this delicious food into your daily diet for some lasting skin cleansing results, or, if you’re feeling more adventurous, you can make a facial mask to wear for 30-45 minutes once a week! Avocado will give your skin the omega 6 fatty acids it needs to stay healthy, as well as a healthy dose of lecithin, which can help to reduce bad cholesterol that might be hindering your skin’s ability to care for itself.
- Almonds and almond oil are perfect for people who want to add a glow to their skin that resonates health. With plenty of monosaturated fats, Vitamin E, magnesium, protein and iron, almonds are considered to be a miracle food and you’ll quickly see why after just a few days of eating them regularly!
Rather than investing in pills, potions and expensive spa visits, only to have your skin harshly handled and only temporarily fixed, why not consider naturopathy in Brampton this time around? You’ll see lasting, beneficial results when it comes to your skin!