Back pain is an exceedingly common ailment and tends to be one of the leading reasons people go and see their doctors. Chronic back pain in Brampton can be excruciating and has the ability to get worse if not dealt with right away, but back procedures and surgical options can be costly and sometimes not fix the problem permanently.
When it comes to treating ailments such as chronic back pain, non-toxic, non-invasive choices are arguably a much better avenue than opting for modern medicine, which is why we recommend turning to the art of acupuncture.
What is acupuncture?
Acupuncture is an ancient Chinese medical practice that was founded thousands of years ago that uses sterilized needles to help rebalance the body’s energy. According to this practice, your body is a unified entity where everything within it is interconnected: in other words, each part of the body affects all other parts of the body.
Acupuncture exploits this mindset and works with the body’s energy that circulates through meridians in your body. When there is an imbalance in the meridian due to a deficiency or energetic block (ailment), it can cause a domino effect of physical symptoms that can lead to the pain becoming worse. This is where the procedure comes in.
Tiny, sanitized needles are painlessly inserted along your body’s meridian at specific points to manipulate the flow of energy. In doing this, the needles then stimulate the nerves as well as muscles and connective tissue, which boosts the movement of your body’s natural painkillers and increases blood flow to the area where there is pain.
If there is a lack of balance and a lack of blood flow and nutrients, your body is more susceptible to illness. If your body is exhibiting symptoms from inner disease and the meridians are not rebalanced, those same symptoms may lead to chronic illnesses which is why acupuncture is such a helpful tool.
Why choose acupuncture?
Acupuncture is chosen and recommended by many for a number of reasons, the main one being that it is a gentle, safe and effective way to treat ailments with little to no side effects. Here is a list of other reasons why we recommend acupuncture:
- It is much healthier and more holistic than using modern medicines and invasive surgical procedures.
- Acupuncture tends to be soothing and relaxing.
- It is less expensive, which makes it a viable option for most people.
- This method of healing has been practiced and used for thousands of years.
- It offers health benefits as opposed to harmful side effects.
- This method of healing treats the body as a whole with every treatment, even if the ailments are completely unrelated.
- It’s all natural and healthy for your body as opposed to adding unwanted toxins when going through surgery or working with modern medicine.
Acupuncture has proven over the years to be a safe and effective alternative in treating chronic back pain in Brampton, without having to go through surgery, hours of painful recovering or infinite amounts of painkillers. Consider it today if you’re suffering from a nagging back pain!