Physiotherapy is dedicated to improving a patient’s quality of life through physical therapy and can incorporate many methodologies, including exercise, manual therapy and even acupuncture. Acupuncture therapy in Brampton can be a very effective component of physiotherapy and can be used to treat many musculoskeletal injuries. The modern approach to acupuncture combines traditional Chinese medicine as well as modern scientific research to get the most benefit out of the practice. Read on to learn more about the benefits of acupuncture therapy in Brampton:
- Directly treats deep muscle tissue: Acupuncture is a great complement to physiotherapy because it can be used to relax tense and tight muscles that are the cause of your pain. It directly treats deep muscle tissue, which optimizes other physiotherapy techniques such as joint mobilization or soft tissue release.
- Reduces inflammation: Acupuncture therapy in Brampton can also reduce acute inflammation. It works by targeting pockets of swelling that are otherwise inaccessible. This can boost the effectiveness of other therapies and speed up healing.
- Treats chronic pain: Acupuncture can help treat chronic pain in the lower back, neck, shoulders and knees, as well as pain caused by arthritis. There’s a clear connection between acupuncture therapy and improvement in chronic pain symptoms.
- Boosts recovery: When recovering from any matter of illness or injury, acupuncture can help boost and hasten the process. It stimulates circulation, which increases endorphins and decreases pain as well as relaxing muscles, which results in improved flexibility, performance and function.
- Treats tension headaches: A variety of studies performed over the past decade have shown that patients being treated with acupuncture therapy had a reduction in pain and intensity in their headaches, as well as reduced frequency of migraines or other chronic headaches.
- Depression and mood disorders: The benefits of acupuncture extend beyond the physical. It can be used to treat depression, insomnia, anxiety and other mood disorders, especially when provided in combination with talk therapy. Weekly acupuncture sessions have been shown to be just as beneficial as seeing a counselor, and one study suggests that acupuncture could be as effective as Prozac. The electric current that runs through the needles could be helping regulate the brain’s neurotransmitters, which is where the mood benefit comes from.
Paramount Physiotherapy & Sports Injuries Clinic is dedicated to providing the public with physical therapy interventions, with an emphasis on manual therapy. Our treatment approach incorporates education, exercise, manual therapy, modalities and acupuncture in order to effectively and efficiently reintegrate individuals into sports and regular activities of daily life. Our staff is committed to actively working in a partnership with the patient to ensure a positive rehabilitation experience while maintaining the highest quality of services provided. We believe that combining the benefits of acupuncture along with manual therapy and other methods boosts the body’s ability to heal and speeds up the recovery process. If you’re interested in learning more about acupuncture and how it might benefit you, give us a call today to discuss your treatment options. We look forward to helping you heal!
Categorised in: Acupuncture