Acupuncture has long been one of the most popular forms of alternative medicine and therapy to help people improve their overall health. This ancient medical practice has been thoroughly researched over the years and has been shown to improve the health of patients in a wide variety of ways.
Here are just a few of the reasons you should consider trying acupuncture in Brampton:
- Overall mood and feelings: Regular acupuncture sessions have been shown to improve a person’s overall mood and happiness, as the treatment regulates many of the neurotransmitters in the brain that lead to happier feelings. A person is likely to feel less stressed, more relaxed and generally at peace with their life. It can also help to relieve symptoms of migraines that can quickly get out of control if left untreated.
- Good for the nose and throat: People who suffer from seasonal allergies can benefit greatly from acupuncture sessions. People with allergies report experiencing reduced symptoms and easier breathing during what would typically be troublesome allergy seasons. They also rely on antihistamines significantly less. Additionally, people who suffered from acid reflux and heartburn may find their symptoms are less pervasive after going through acupuncture, as the treatment can help to regulate acid secretion and speed up digestion.
- Good for overall health: Well-placed acupuncture needles are known to boost the cells that regulate the immune system. As a result, the body is better able to seek out and eliminate infections before they lead to health complications. The heart is also strengthened through acupuncture. Regular treatments are able to decrease stress markers and lower one’s blood pressure, which in turn reduces the chance of heart disease later in life. Heart disease is a leading cause of death in Canada on an annual basis, so it’s important to take care of your heart early in life as well as late.
- Better sleep: Acupuncture speeds up the production of the neurotransmitters in the body that are associated with sleep and relaxation. People who suffer from insomnia are able to experience great relief after going through acupuncture. Sleep is also made easier because acupuncture provides a great deal of pain relief in the back. There are many people in Canada who suffer from chronic lower back pain, and just a few weeks of treatments can create months’ worth of pain relief.
- Lower weight: Acupuncture has been shown to help a variety of patients lose weight. Studies show that obese adults were able to lose up to nine pounds over a span of a few weeks to a few months, thanks in large part to acupuncture treatments. Of course, weight loss also requires one to get exercise and follow a healthy diet, but in tandem with living a healthy lifestyle, acupuncture can help one to get those results.
These are just a few of the many benefits that are associated with acupuncture in Brampton. For more information or to schedule your session, contact us today at Paramount Physiotherapy & Sports Injuries Clinic.
Categorised in: Acupuncture